Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Villiers Two Speed Gear

A scan of the brochure for the Villiers two speed gear. Not a derailleur system as it is essentially a chain gearbox. An interesting dead-end in bicycle gear design. Puzzlingly complicated to fathom and rather heavy the Villiers two speed was a product of the thirties though when production was started and ceased exactly I am not sure.

Villiers two speed brochure page 1.

Villiers two speed brochure page 2.

Villiers two speed brochure page 3.

Villiers two speed brochure page 4.

Villiers two speed brochure page 5.

Villiers two speed brochure page 6.

5 comments:

  1. At least the brochure is honest. You get two gears: too high and too low. Typography and use of color here looks 1950s or 1960s to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typography and color look Russian Constructivist to me. That's the 30s.

    I am a graphic designer and formerly a painter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typography and color look Russian Constructivist to me. That's the 30s.

    I am a graphic designer and formerly a painter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. road bicycle rims

    ReplyDelete